Grilled Smoked Salmon Wraps
This is a very quick and easy recipe to do on your Weber Barbecue.
Barbecued tortillas with warm cream cheese and smoked salmon – perfect for a starter snack or main meal.
Serve with thick wedges of lemon and freshly ground black pepper.
6 - 8 soft flour tortillas
225g thinly sliced smoked salmon
8 fresh dill sprigs + garnish
Vegetable oil, for brushing
For the filling:
175g cream cheese
1 small red onion
1 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp black pepper
Weber Accessories Used
1. Prepare the filling: Chop the red onion finely, in a small bowl mix all the ingredients until evenly combined.
2. To make the roll-ups lay each tortilla on a clean work surface. Spread a thin even layer of the filling over the top, and then place a piece of smoked salmon on top. Put a sprig of dill on the centre of the salmon. Roll up the tortilla.
3. Working with two roll-ups at a time, pierce one pre-soaked skewer through one and then the other roll-up, 5cm from the ends. Repeat on the other side. Continue with the other three parts.
4. Brush the roll-ups lightly with oil. Place each set of roll-ups on your barbecue over direct medium heat, for just long enough to warm and score the tortilla, approx. 4 minutes, turning once halfway through the cooking time.
5. To serve, carefully remove the skewers. Slice into halves or thirds and arrange on a platter and garnish with dill and lemon wedges.