WEBER SMOKED BEER CAN CHICKEN WITH A PAPRIKA AND THYME RUB
Using the Weber Style Poultry Roaster ensures the chicken is infused from the inside, barbecued on the outside and cooked to perfection - succulent juicy chicken.
2kg whole free range chicken
1 can beer/ lager
10g fresh thyme
1 tsp paprika
Salt and pepper
Weber Accessories Used
Weber Style Poultry Roaster - http://www.bbqs2u.co.uk/75-weber-style-poultry-roaster-6408.html
Weber Standard 3 Piece Tool Set - http://www.bbqs2u.co.uk/128-weber-standard-3-pc-tool-set-blk-6630.html
Weber Mesquite Woodchips - http://www.bbqs2u.co.uk/242-weber-mesquite-chips-3lb-17103.html
Weber Smoker Box (if using gas) - http://www.bbqs2u.co.uk/285-weber-smoker-box-style-17179.html
Weber Charcoal Briquette Holders - http://www.bbqs2u.co.uk/133-weber-charcoal-briquette-holders-2-7403.html
Weber Vegetable Basket - http://www.bbqs2u.co.uk/88-weber-style-stainless-steel-vegetable-basket-6434.html
Weber Thermometer Probe - http://www.bbqs2u.co.uk/194-weber-digital-pocket-thermometer-8439.html
Cooking Method - Indirect
Prepare your barbecue for indirect cooking, this allows you to throughly cook large joints of meat. As its indirect the heat has time to penetrate through the meat rather than focusing the heat on base of the meat and burning the outer layer.
1. Make the rub by finely chopping the thyme and chilli, then mix with the paprika and olive oil until it is a wet paste. Season the rub with salt and pepper. Cover the chicken with the rub.
2. Open the can of beer and fill the base cup of the Weber Style Poultry Roaster. Place the infuser onto the base cup then place the chicken over the infuser. Finally place the infusion cap into chicken's neck cavity.
3. Roast the chicken over an indirect medium heat for approximately 1 hour 45mins or until the juices run clear and the meat has reached 83°c.
4. Let the chicken rest for 5-10mins, remove the infusion cap from the neck and lift off the chicken from the poultry roaster.
5. We used the juices collected in the Weber Style Poultry Roaster to make a delicious gravy.
We also roasted potatoes and vegetables at the same time. The potatoes and vegetables were par boiled beforehand and finished off on the barbecue.