Published : 29/12/2015 16:48:58
Categories : Weber BBQ Recipe Demos
Cooking smoked scotch eggs on a Weber Spirit barbecue using the Weber Smoker box.
250g best quality sausage meat
100g standard breadcrumbs
1/2 tsp Smoked Paprika
60g Panko breadcrumbs
100g plain flour
Salt & Pepper to season
Note: We increased the quantities above so we could make 4 Scotch Eggs, incase your wonder why we have 4 Scotch Eggs in the photos!
Weber Standard 3 Piece Tool Set - http://www.bbqs2u.co.uk/128-weber-standard-3-pc-tool-set-blk-6630.html
Weber Mesquite Woodchips - http://www.bbqs2u.co.uk/242-weber-mesquite-chips-3lb-17103.html
Weber Smoker Box (if using gas) - http://www.bbqs2u.co.uk/285-weber-smoker-box-style-17179.html
Weber Charcoal Briquette Holders - http://www.bbqs2u.co.uk/133-weber-charcoal-briquette-holders-2-7403.html
Weber Vegetable Basket - http://www.bbqs2u.co.uk/88-weber-style-stainless-steel-vegetable-basket-6434.html
Weber Thermometer Probe - http://www.bbqs2u.co.uk/194-weber-digital-pocket-thermometer-8439.html
Weber T Brush - http://www.bbqs2u.co.uk/82-weber-t-brush-21in-6424.html
1. Soak the Wood chips for 30mins in cold water.
2. Preheat BBQ to 250°C to burn off grills. Clean grill with a wire brush.
3. Setup the BBQ for medium indirect heat, if your using a Weber Gas BBQ add the Weber Smoker Box directly to your Flavorizer bars to preheat.
4. Place 3 eggs into a pan of simmering water and cook for 4 minutes. Once cooked take the eggs out and plunge into a large bowl of cold water and allow to cool for 30mins before peeling.
5. Place sausage meat in a bowl. Add 25g of the standard breadcrumbs, Paprika, Salt and Pepper and mix well. Divide the mixture into 3.
6. Take an A4 size sheet of cling film or sandwich bag and make a thin patty out of the sausage meat, measuring 5 inches square. Place peeled egg in the centre of the patty and gather up the cling film/sandwich bag, bring all corners of the patty together enveloping the egg. Discard the cling film and even out the sausage meat gently, by hand, making sure there are no holes or gaps.
7. Take 3 separate bowls. The the first add Flour. To the second add 1 egg (beaten) and to the third add the Panko breadcrumbs and remaining standard breadcrumbs.
8. Gently coat the sausage meat wrapped egg in the flour. Transfer to the beaten egg and immerse. Finally, coat throughly in the breadcrumbs. Making sure the entire surface is coated, place them onto the Weber Vegetable Basket.
9. Cook indirect at 200°C. Add a large handful or pre-soaked Weber Mesquite Wood Chips to both charcoal baskets or the Weber Smoker Box. Bake for 15-20 minutes, adding two large handfuls of Mesquite wood to the grills at the beginning of cooking. Use a Weber Temperature Probe to ensure the sausage meat reaches 75°C and cook until the Scotch Eggs are golden brown. When using the probe be careful not to go into the egg!